Thursday, August 28, 2014

Vuja De

I used to experience déjà vu all of the time. We're talking on a daily basis here, and sometimes they weren't just a flash, which is how I generally experience this phenomenon, but in long, drawn out episodes. I usually chalk this up to living a pretty predictable life and having low expectations. So, I try to ignore them or suppress them and only pay attention if they seem really strong.
Now, I must say that I don't recall ever having one immediately prior to a big event in my life, or even a little event in my life for that matter, but I have a good memory and a desire to experience the uncommon.
I'm not sure what you call the other side of déjà vu - the day or time you were flashing forward to, but it is a whole other can of beans.
This morning, a little after 9:30 am PDT, while washing dishes, I had a strong flash of "this is that day that I was looking at through that déjà vu. Sifnigicant? I don't know. I hope not, since lately all of the news coming into my life has been bad news (nothing wrong with yours truly, but friends of mine are going through some tough times). After one serious thought about what this portends, my first "Eric" thought was "First Contact!".


No comments: