Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Joys of Life

One of the great joys in life ias having a temporary disability. This is expecially true if there is no end in sight to the end of sight.. I dare someone to find a warmer feeling than fondly recalling when they could do something they loved to do, but knowing that they can't do it now, while on the third hand knowing tht they should bea ble to do it again at some indeterminent point in the future. Probably. How soothing it is to give up one's worldly goods, little by little to pay the bill collector's. I go to bed each night with a smile on my face, knowing that my insurance company can rest easy on what they caharge me alone. I have become familiar again with the joys of silence at the realization that if I hear a radio DJ make one more pun on a band's name I will throw my stereo through the window.
And finally, I can say how proud I am not to have become bitter about my lot in life, to not have become self-loathing like a lesser man would have. Why, most Americans would welcome an oppurtunity to take an extended vacation and sit at home doing nothing, nothing at all. Not watching television. Not listening ot the radio. Especially, not reading a book. Or a magazine without big pictures.

No comments: