Monday, December 15, 2008

Winter Whimsy

The snow has fallen, not to mention the temperature, and I find myself unable to focus on anything related to school or even writing for that matter. It's like I've regressed tot the age of twelve and snow this close to Christmas is just too much to handle in my little brain.

It's a bit different for our cats. They seem a bit miffed about the whole snow thing. It really cramps their style, so to speak. It has lead to two hyper cats, that is when they're sleeping. This combination of distracted Eric and hyper cats has lead to some interesting conversations where I try to reason with the furry little beasts that if it was cold and snowy twenty minutes ago, it is still that way now. They pretend to not understand what I'm saying. But, I'm not as a complete an idiot as they take me to be. I know they understand the tone of my voice, including sarcasm. Why else would they roll their eyes at me so much?

I guess the solution is to get all bundled up, throw the cats out into the white stuff and then chase them around and throw snowballs at them. Of course, it's nice and warm in the apartment and this chair is pretty comfy...

No comments: