Thursday, September 09, 2010

Rainy days are here again...

It's only the start of September, but we're getting what seems to me like Autumn rains. Perhaps it is because school is back in, or the days are getting noticeably shorter, but it seems that Summer has said adieu.

Everybody I talk to is unhappy about the rain, but I always look forward to it. But, this year it felt like Summer never came - we only had 3 days where the temps got into the 80s. And they weren't even consecutive days, though two were in the same week.

One of aunt and uncle's cats died this morning. I didn't know it well, but I'm still bummed about it. I'm also glad it passed away, however, since it seemed to be in a great deal of discomfort. They're not sure how old it was, but they think at least 17. His brother died this Spring not too long after I had been down here. At the time I thought it would have been the other way around.
They still have one cat left, and she's relatively young, only 5 or 6.

Hmmm, grey thoughts on a grey day.

No comments: