Friday, November 12, 2010

NaNoWriMoFriNum2

In an unprecedented move, I took the day off from writing yesterday. Boy, did that feel nice. :)

On Monday and Tuesday I missed my word count by about a 1000 words each day and the writing felt like it was the thing I would chose to be doing with my time if strep throat wasn't available.

Today, some 5000+ words behind, I got back to it. Writing was fun again and everything flowed. Not counting taking the day off yesterday, I made a sizable dent into the 2000 word debit. The best part is that on the 1st I started writing at midnight, took a nap and then got back to it at 6 a.m. so that I would hopefully get one session ahead so that I could take a day off and still meet my self-imposed 100k word goal. I had planned on that day being Thanksgiving, and I still do - I just have to have a few more days like today and I'll have an extra day again.

At the end of the twelfth day, I should be at the 40,000 word mark, and I'm just shy of 39,000 words. Not too bad, even if I do say so myself.

No comments: