Friday, March 23, 2012

Thanks Sol


This morning was brilliant. Sunny instead of rainy or snowy. No one tried to run me over. No pieces of gravel in either one of my shoes. Sure, nobody said "hi" to me - I went zed for three on extending greetings to my fellow pedestrians. I had a great playlist, though. Throughout these fifteen songs are some of my favorite lyrics. And talk about up-tempo, which I mean in the literal sense, trying to match the tempo to my walking speed, I shaved seven minutes of my average time, which is a full ten percent. Hot damn!

Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue
Marcy Playground - Sex & Candy
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
Chris Cornell - Doesn't Remind Me
Buffy Sainte-Marie - No No Keshagesh
The Breeders - Cannonball
Jerry Cantrell - Spiderbite
She & Him - This Is Not a Test
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Dear Prudence
The Black Keys - Lonely Boys
Lily Allen - The Fear
Metric - Help I'm Alive
Franz Ferdinand - The Dark of the Matinee
Vampire Weekend - A-Punk
Soundgarden - Hands All Over

I'm willing to bet there are at least a couple of songs, maybe even artists, that you're not familiar with. If you want to know more, let me know. :)

No comments: