Monday, October 04, 2004

Monday, Monday

Monday, again. It's not that weekends are any more special than the other days of the week (ask me again when I'm working full time), but Monday's have a certain quality about them. It's something that says, "You have so long to wait before you get any time off..." They also carry a stigma. I mean, you never hear anybody say, "T.G.I.M.!"
I have experienced jobs where I did look forward to getting back to work. But, this was usually after a more extended time, not just the weekend. Certainly, this is the exception and not the rule.
Mondays and Fridays are the days employees are most likely to call in sick to work. Check out Sherrill Nixon's article Mondayitis. Sure, the article is addressing sick days in Australia, but the idea is the same.
I think it says something about the nature of the system when so many people hate to go to work. Or maybe it just says something about the nature of Mondays.


No comments: