Thursday, February 03, 2005

New-to-me music- the stuff that's worth a listen.

Over the last couple of months, I've heard some new music that I really like.
...new band from Montreal, The Arcade Fire and their song Power Out...
...from Death Cab for Cutie lead singer, a new project- The Postal Service, we just got a copy of their latest, Give Up, and really like the thoughtfulness of the lyrics...
...probably my tied-for-favorite of the new music at the moment is the band The Shins. Recently relocated to Portland (just like me), their latest album is Chutes Too Narrow. The lyrics are what drew me to this group too, but the music is pretty good as well...
...the other band in the tied-for-favorite of my new music is Modest Mouse. Also in Portland, these guys have just recently hit it big on the national/international scene with Good News for People Who Like Bad News. Again, a band with great lyrics makes itself heard over all of the pop crap. Their lyrics remind me of the early efforts of Beat Happening...

No comments: