Sunday, March 06, 2005

my mom

With the exception of weird stories that eventually end up on television in one form or another, everybody loves their mom. I am no different. It's hard not to feel an affinity for someone who carried you inside their body for nine months (or in my case, ten). Then the whole feeding, clothing, teaching to speak business pretty much cinches it. But, on top of that they freely give out hugs. They may punish you for some pretty seemingly ridiculous things, but they also make sure still get dessert, sometimes even if it means that they don't.
If you're lucky, and I am, they become your friend for life. The whole unconditional love thing is pretty impressive, too. No matter how big the screw up or the fight, it can always be worked out, because she's your mom.
I love you mom. I always have and I always will.
I'm sure I didn't tell you as often as I should have, but I did tell you- and you told me- that I love you.

My mom past away at 7:45 pm on Saturday, March 5th, 2005. A really hard part of her life is over and in that I can find some relief. And as days pass and I can write about her for longer than a minute without crying, I'll be able to remember more and more of what made her such a special lady.

2 comments:

rebekah said...

this was very nice ... i needed to read something like that ... i ve got my own issues with my mom and she's dying and i'm feeling strange about it ... anyhow, i'm just passing through ... liked your writing very much ...

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you found something of worth in my writing. :)