Friday, August 09, 2013

Taken 2 (2012)

How is it that I always forget about Famke? She acted in a lot of movies I like, playing both hero and villain. Each and every time I make a mental about how attractive she is and how weird it is I always forget her. I don't think she's forgettable. She a good actor and has played one of my favorite characters in her cinematic portrayal. Famke, please forgive me. I'll make amends by watching the X-Men films again soon, or maybe I can track down that one you did with Owen Wilson and Eddie Murphy, and then I'll watch that.
Now, I don't forget Liam Neeson. As soon as I heard this movie was out on DVD I asked the librarian if he was in it and she assured me that he was. I didn't know what the plot was but recall thinking that if his daughter gets kidnapped a second time that it was just bad parenting. But, no matter how lame it was I would give it a try because it has Liam in it. And it totally does not suck.
I've often wondered what happened after the action movie is over. All of the so-called bad guys that die have families. Maybe the family doesn't know what their dead son did for a living. Maybe they thought he was just hanging out with his friends when some crazy ass American dude came along and killed them all. Or possibly they knew but were in denial or cared about the now dead son in spite of drawbacks. In some cases the families might condone or even encourage his participation in whatever ended up getting him killed. They are still going to be torn up over the young man's death. I think many times the families would want revenge. Though, if they were rational about it, some man who could on his own take out your son and his whole group of friends is either very lucky or very good. Either way, you would at the very least hedge your bets. You would not do what the baddies do in this film.

Taken 2 at IMDb

No comments: