Saturday, August 03, 2013

The 4400 Season 2 disk 4

Episode 12:
In what universe does it make sense to split up a 12 episode season (all shows the same length) across 4 disks by going 4, 4, 3, 1? Was that because of all the extras packed on the final disk? Ya, I didn't think so. Dumbasses.
Nice to see that all complex situations can still be wrapped up in 45 minutes of t.v. There is a conspiracy that reaches all the way up the ladder at NTAC and Ryland just goes along with turning himself in. People have killed and been killed over it, and the dude thinks that he made the right decision - and all of his bosses signed off on it. So, why exactly did he just give himself up? I'm a little confused.
Kyle is "healed" of whatever caused him to to be a secret assassin. Good for him. I hope they lock him up and he no longer appears in future episodes.
We finally see what Richard's power is and we see an awful lot of a suddenly grown up Isabelle, in the very literal sense.
As predicted, Jordan Collier is not dead, just really hairy. I guess that means Kyle won't go to prison for killing him. Though, Kyle did "take out" a couple of NTAC agents, and I can't remember if that means he killed them or not. I hope that his taking out was enough to keep him taken out.
And finally, Marco gets some lovin' from Scouris, well, until creepy little daughter shows up and tells them all that the war has just begun.
Last but not least, we see Doctor Whack-a-mole injecting himself with the promiocin so maybe he'll get all super-powery now.
This seemed like a series wrap-up. All the loose ends were tidied up and taken care of. Every single ongoing story arc has some level of resolution. Sure, they tossed out a couple of provacative things, but they seem on the ridiculous side - just the kind of thing you might do if you didn't think your show was coming back. If I remember when I am done with all the seasons of this show, I will look into that. I don't want to check now and accidentally ruin something.
I am excited to start season 3, because I have it on very good authority that Laura Allen will be gone from the show. She assures me that this time it's for real. So, yay to losing the one thing that has stopped me from really buying into this show.


The 4400 at IMDb

No comments: