Wednesday, July 03, 2013

The Artist (2012)

What a happy little movie. In the midst of uber-violent films I've watched the last three out of four nights, it was nice for a light movie. Sure there is that one scene where George accidentally shoots the vase...
The movie was predictable and a bit to a lot cliched. There were absolutely no surprises. Yet. Yet, I liked it. It was a nice movie. It was very well-made and obviously the people putting this together cared a lot about it and that showed. I could very easily see this being one of those movies that people buy and play all the time.
I feel like I should have some deep thoughts about the change over from silent movies to the 'talkies', or perhaps at least some insight into the actor trying to bridge that change. Perhaps I should notice how this is really a metaphor for contemporary film-making moving from analog to digital, form live-action to an ever-increasing-dependence on computer generated content. Maybe I should notice that this film is really a commentary on the industrial-economic system that our culture runs on. But, I think it's just a nice little film.

The Artist on IMDb

No comments: