Sunday, July 26, 2009

Another Two Bite The Dust

Two more vampire movies under my belt. I love doing research. I suppose I could go out in the field and look for real vampires, but since I don't believe there are any, that and I don't drive, I think it would be a waste of time. Plus, it's too damned hot this week.
Yesterday, I finally watched "Twilight". That was a good movie, even I didn't like the way they handled vampires. In the movie, vampires can be out and about in daylight, even in direct sunlight. What happens to them in sunlight? Is it like the traditional vampire who begins to burn and then turns to dust? No. They just look all sparkly. But the story and the acting were both quite good. I will definitely borrow the books form my niece or preferably find an audio copy somewhere and give them a listen to.
The vampire movie I watched was "Ultraviolet". Mmmm, I like Milla Jovovich. She makes me feel funny. Funny in a good way. The movie is more sci-fi/martial arts thriller than vampire flick. Right off the bat we are told that the 'vampires' have a virus that has gotten them the nick-name of 'vampire', but that they're not really the undead. Still, they hold closer to vampires than about half of what I've seen. Plus, the movie stars Milla Jovovich. The film is based on a comic book, and kind of takes on that look, which is fine with me, being the big fanboy I am.

I think I've seen all major vampire films out, and I've read most of the popular authors. Now, I've got to try and fine the more obscure films and the less well-known authors. I'm also going to read through the "Vampire: the Masquerade" RPG again and see what I can gleen. Soon, I will have completed my research and can get back to finishing my novel, which is, as you may have guessed, about vampires.

No comments: