Saturday, July 11, 2009

Metric walking

I'm a little sore today having walked a bit farther than normal at a bit quicker rate than normal in a bit warmer air than normal, yesterday after the movie. The movie finished, I'd been sitting for a long time and it was such a nice temperature for standing around and contemplating the temperature. The theater was only 6 kilometers from the house, and I just thought, "why take the bus?"
It wasn't really that bad of a walk. I just started off at too quick of a pace. I useally walk about 4 kilometers a day, and my goal is to use up my legs (so to speak) in that distance. I just didn't do a good job pacing.
I also typically walk in the morning when the temps are in 60's not in the afternoon with temps in the upper 80's. It also didn't help that I was wearing a black t-shirt.
Thank the Lord (of the Dance) that I wore sensible shoes for walking.
I've also been wrestling with the idea that maybe I was more worn out than I might have been because of all the popcorn I had eaten. That just oculd not have been the best thing to literally fill up on before exercising.

C'est la vie. I'm still hear to write this, so it could have been that big of a deal.

No comments: